The Ambush Lacrosse Club is a non-profit competitive organization that focuses on the personal and athletic development of our student-athletes and creates a safe, positive learning environment on and off the field. We hope to teach lessons of character, discipline, respect, responsibility, leadership, teamwork and above all sportsmanship. We will emphasize that academics and family obligations always take top priority.
Our club team participates in theTriangle Youth Lacrosse Conference
which consists of other middle school teams from Wake and Durham counties. We are the proud CHAMPIONS for the 2019 and 2021 season and the feeder program from Leesville Road High School lacrosse.
Please consider being a part of the fun! See program details below.
We are currently seeking 6th - 8th grade BOYS that live in the Leesville Community.
On Thursday, January 20th from 3:15-4:30pm meet outside on the middle school basketball court to meet LRHS varsity players and learn about our program. If you plan to attend, please complete his google form so we know you are coming. Parents are welcome to attend as well.Sign up to attend Information Session
Help us know who is coming! Please sign up, if you plan to attend our info session (Parents welcome)!
- Play-Date #1: Saturday, Dec 7th at 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Play-Date #2: Saturday, Dec 14th 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Play-Date #3: Saturday, Jan 11th 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Play-Date #4: Saturday, Jan 18th 10:00 am – 11:30 am -- CANCELLED INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Play-Date #5: Saturday, Jan 25th 10:00 am – 11:30 am -- LOCATION TBD
- Play-Date #6: Saturday, Feb 1st 10:00 am – 11:30 am -- LOCATION TBD
- Play-Date #7: Saturday, Feb 8th 10:00 am – 11:30 am -- LOCATION TBD
NOTE: You MUST sign up
for legal purposes, however play dates are FREE. No financial obligation is necessary at this time.
Leesville Road Middle School Lower Field
Note: Access is easiest from Country Trail. There is a short path through the woods. You may park along Country Trail as there is little traffic on the street. There is also parking at the community library right across the street. The Leesville Community Library address is 5105 Country Trail Raleigh, NC 27613. This is the best address to use for GPS directions.
The season starts on Tuesday, February 15th and runs through Friday, April 29th.
For The first 4 weeks of the season practices will be held atSport HQ turf fields
from 6:30-8pm (due to daylight issues). After daylight savings, we will move to Leeesville Middle School and practices will be from 6pm - 8pm.
Practices or games are on Mondays, Wednesday, Thursdays or Saturdays with the occasional Tuesday.
We encourage multi-sport athletes to play and are flexible if you are juggling two spring sports. At this age, we want your son to develop as an all-around athlete.PLAYING FORMAT
• There are 12 teams inTYLC league
(other middle schools in the area) .
• We will have a kick-off jamboree in mid-March with 3 scrimmage games per team.
• Regular season play will consist of each team playing each team one time (11 games total).
• We will have a single elimination play-off tournament in late April.
• 3-4 players from each team will be selected to an all-star game following the championship game.
• There will not be any events scheduled during spring break.
• We will have over 36 practices and games throughout the season.
$250 for the season. New players will be required to purchase a jersey for $75.
*we are non-profit and all of our fund go to operational costs for fields, officials, supplies and so on.
We will have practices or games 3-5 days per week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday. Weekday practices will start at 6:00 pm (after daylight savings) and 4:45 pm (before daylight savings). Our first practice will be Saturday, February 20th at 10am at Baileywick park.
Games will start in mid-March and will end the first week in May. More information on game schedules will be available prior to the start of the season.
No worries, we've got you covered! We received a US Lacrosse grant for 20 sets of gear for first-time players, valued over $300 per player.
We have an experienced team of volunteer coaches that have been with the program for a number of years –Ron Ateshian
will lead the charge. We are always looking for an additional volunteers. Please reach out toJulia Woodward
if you are interested in helping out.
We hope to grow the sport of lacrosse in our area. Please share this website with families interested in playing!
if have any additional questions about our program.
Thank you Dr. Barnes for Sponsoring our program!